Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My Thoughts: The ALCAT Test Surpasses All Other Allergy Testing

From: Laura Griffin - Atlanta, GA

It is my opinion and experience after years spent in and out of doctor's offices, even when I already knew I couldn't eat wheat and gluten, that the ALCAT test is superior to all other blood work testing.


This is the only test, and I had at least 30 done over more than a decade, that ever showed I was gluten intolerant. All the other tests came back showing I wasn't even the slightest bit intolerant to wheat, barley, rye, malt, or gluten in it's entirety.

The test is expensive, insurance will only cover a portion (in my case), but at a time when I was having other immune issues and allergic to a lot of other foods, ALCAT is in my opinion the true Gold Standard when it comes to testing through blood. Not only did it say I should avoid gluten (which I was absolutely already doing for many years) but it showed an off the chart intolerance. Whereas, all the other antibody testing remained always negative.

I was lucky that my doctor used this test routinely and knew enough to suggest it for me as I was not testing for gluten intolerance but for other things that were making me sick during that period of time. It pulled up a lot of foods for me to avoid for some time until my immune system was strong again.

The website contains a lot of very useful information and I encourage you to check it out through the link above @ www.alcat.com